1. What is Hydro-Graphics? Hydrographics is a method of applying printed patterns on 3d objects. A Poly-vinyl film is laid in a specially designed dipping tank and an activator chemical is applied to the film. This activator dissolves the film into liquid ink which stays a float on the surface of the water. Then a object is dipped slowly through the floating ink and the pattern is transferred to the object. Then an automotive grade clear coat is applied to protect the finish.
2. How durable is the finish? We coat all our dipped parts with an automotive grade urethane clear coat. We have Matte, Satin, or Glossy clear coats that will protect your finish and be just as durable as an automotive paint finish and provide UV protection.
3. Can you dip items for me even though im out of state? Yes, we accept mail order requests. We have a form under the Services section of the site you will need to fill out. If you are shipping a gun, please give us a call before shipping. Email or call us for any questions about shipping concerns or etc.
4. What can be dipped? Nearly any 3d object can be dipped. Wood, metal, plastic, fiberglass, glass parts can all be dipped.
5. Why do i see different shades of camo of the same pattern? We can change the tone of the camo by changing the color of the basecoat paint that is applied. If we use a white basecoat, the camo will appear much lighter in color. If we use a Tan basecoat, the camo will be much darker. Look at some of our photos and you can see the differences. We will work with you to determine the right shade of camo you perfer for your object.
6. Can you color match my paint for my interior parts? Yes, we do offer color matching for custom interior work. We have a In-House Paint mixing bank allowing us to mix over 3000 different colors. We can color match just about any paint code and can apply that paint under the carbon fiber film or most patterns we have listed. Custom paints is essential for most custom truck/car builders that want that custom look.